Sunday, March 14, 2010

Faith and Belief and Self Confidence

I was standing on the front porch last night and I had an overwhelming sense come over me. This was a sense of calm, and I knew the feeling. I have been working on a new air freshener for a new company we began working with, one focused on the mass market. The sense of calm and peace I felt come over me was knowing that the product was going to be success - simple and amazing faith and belief, just knowing that this product will be, and in my mind already is, a success. I just know. This got me thinking about a section in one of my favorite business books, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Napoleon talks a lot on the topic of faith, and belief in yourself and how this transmutes to your power. I wanted to share a section of his book on what he calls the self-confidence formula, the following are his words, and seem to come back to us in many business and self improvement books such as "The Secret" and many others:

SELF-CONFIDENCE FORMULA

FIRST: I know that I have the ability to achieve the objective of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward it's attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action

SECOND: I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become,thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.

THIRD: I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE

FOURTH: I have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall develop sufficient self-confidence for it's attainment

FIFTH: I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure, unless built upon truth and justice, therefore I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and myself.

I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once a day, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person.

-Napoleon Hill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © If It Was Easy Anyone Could Do It | Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates